The main exercise to work the chest in general.
Main muscles: Pectoral, triceps, deltoids.
Lying on a flat bench, with your back and head supported and your feet firmly on the floor.
Hold the bar with your hands placed slightly away from the shoulder line, lower the weight in a controlled movement and return to the starting position.
This is an exercise that usually involves heavy loads, so having someone accompanying the movement is an asset.
- Bend your back.
- Use the “trampoline effect” between the descending and rising movement.
- Lower the bar towards the neck or belly.
- Flat bench press with wide handle
- Flat bench press with short handle
- Press of chest with dumbbells