The main exercise to work the chest in general.
Main muscles: Pectoral, triceps, deltoids.
Lying on a flat bench, with your back and head supported and your feet firmly on the floor.
Hold the bar with your hands placed slightly away from the shoulder line, lower the weight in a controlled movement and return to the starting position.
This is an exercise that usually involves high loads, so the presence of someone accompanying the movement is an asset.
- Bend your back.
- Use the “trampoline effect” between descending and ascending the movement.
- Descend with the bar towards the neck or belly.
- Flat bench press with wide handle
- Flat bench press with short handle
- Chest press with dumbbells