Get to know Ashley Kaltwasser's athlete training plan.
Ashley Kaltwasser was the winner of the Bikini category at Olympia 2015. Not only at Olympia 2015, but also in the previous two years!
She is an American athlete, who measures 1.65m and weighs 55kg.
He does five workouts a week, in which he normally bets on 3 to 4 sets per exercise and 10 repetitions. In addition, he does cardio training three times a week.
Get to know Ashley Kaltwasser's training plan.
If you don't know any exercise, just click on the name to have access to an image of it.
Monday - Legs
- Squats at Smith ? 4 sets x 10 reps
- Leg Curl ? 4 sets x 10 reps
- One leg squat ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Deadweight with stretched legs ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Squat juice with dumbbells ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Elevation of twins ? 3 sets x 20 reps
Tuesday ? Chest, triceps and cardio
- Chest press with dumbbells ? 4 sets x 10 reps (Toggles between flat and incline)
- Peck-deck ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Triceps extension on the machine ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Funds in the chair with weight ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Push-ups with hands together ? 3 sets x 20 reps
- 25 minutes of cardio
Wednesday ? back and biceps
- Elevations ? 4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Rowing on the machine with cable ? 3 sets x 10 reps*
- TRX paddle ? 3 sets x 10 reps*
- Inverted hyperextensions ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Hammer Curl combined with side ? 3 sets x 15 reps
*Sometimes it is done in a superset, and some functional exercises are added.
Thursday ? glutes and cardio
- Kickback with elastic band ? 3 sets x 15 reps
- Plyometric jump ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Deadweight with one leg with dumbbell ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Kick up on the leg curl machine ? 3 sets x 15 reps OR Buttock lift ? 3 sets x 5 reps
- 30 minutes of cardio
* Some exercises can be done in circuit or superseries
Saturday? shoulders and cardio
- Shoulder press with dumbbells ? 4 sets x 12 reps OR Pin lift
- Sides ? 3 sets x 10 reps
- Front combined with side ? 3 sets x 8 reps
- T-posterior TRX ? 3 sets x 10 reps
Here are some tips given by Ashley Kaltwasser on her Facebook to help in the development of the glutes:
Keep weight on your heels ? You may not think about it too much, but focusing on pulling the weight through your heels can significantly increase the activation of your glutes and hamstrings in some exercises, such as squats, lunges and deadlifts.
Varies the placement of the feet ? Instead of putting your feet forward, try putting them at a different angle. Try placing them further apart, or closer together. This will work great for squats and deadlifts! You can also try repetitions with just one leg. When doing lunges, be sure to try diagonal lunges and cross lunges.
Keep your feet in line with your knees ? This is important to avoid injuries, and to get the best results from your training. Make sure your knees don't bend in or out! If this happens, it might be a good idea to reduce the weight so that the way you perform the exercise doesn't suffer.
Uses the mind-muscle connection ? Let's think about the exercise we are doing and not just do the movement. It's easy to lose focus when we're in the last sets. Focus on the muscle you are working.
Gluteal pre-exhaustion ? Try a small, high-rep, low-weight glute exercise routine before you start your workout! An example would be 20 cable kickback reps (for each leg) before training begins!
Varies repetitions and weights ? Don't let your glutes get used to a certain weight or number of repetitions. It's always good to change things up and surprise your body! This is also very good mentally, as you won't get bored so quickly with your training.
Introduces plyometric exercises ? Plyometric exercises are great for toning your buttocks, and on top of that they can be done almost anywhere!
Information taken from the evolutionofbodybuilding.net website and the athlete's official facebook.
Instagram Ashley Kaltwasser